RIVERSIDE LIVE STEAMERS
Safety RulesAdopted June 2005
- The Operating Superintendent or Safety Inspector has complete jurisdiction over all personnel and equipment in the steaming area.
- Engines and equipment will be loaded and unloaded at the steaming area only.
- All vehicles (including trailers) will be moved to the designated parking areas as soon as possible after unloading or loading.
- Engines will not be steamed up if annual inspection requirements are not complied with
- Safety chains or clamps must be attached to the rail to prevent movement of engine or other rolling stock when they are on the steaming or service tracks.
- The reverse lever must be left in the center or neutral notch when steaming up or servicing.
- Before leaving the steaming areas:
- Boiler will be brought up to operating pressure.
- Safety valves and pressure gauges will be checked for proper operation.
- Water gauges and try cocks will be blown down to insure clear passages and proper operation.
- Injectors and feed water pumps will be tested for proper operation.
- Trainman must protect downhill movement of cars on engine leads to prevent runaways, in case of train separation.
- No person shall ride on any train between the station and the compound except the engineer and the brakeman.
- The turnable/hoist shall be operated by qualified Riverside Live Steamers personnel.